Earlier this month we welcomed approximately 150 people to Sacramento for Academy and Academy Plus. The energy from the class members was infectious, and clearly the future of the chamber of commerce industry is in great hands.
We’ll have a fuller wrap-up of Academy in next month’s Insider. For now, we’d like to extend a big thank you to our Academy Steering Committee Chair Glenn Morris, ACE, from the Santa Maria Valley (CA) Chamber, our Academy Plus Chair Whitney Diver McEvoy from the Yountville (CA) Chamber, all members of the Academy Steering Committee and especially the incredible faculty that donated their time.
Academy faculty members included:
- Molly Alcorn, J.D., Alcorn & Associates;
- Whitney Diver McEvoy, Yountville (CA) Chamber;
- Tallia Hart, Healdsburg (CA) Chamber;
- Jim Johnson, IOM, CCE, Pearland (TX) Chamber;
- Dave Kilby, President Emeritus, W.A.C.E.;
- Wendy Laros, Kona-Kohala (HI) Chamber;
- Jake Mangas, Redding (CA) Chamber;
- Kristen Miller, Santa Barbara South Coast (CA) Chamber;
- Glenn Morris, ACE, Santa Maria Valley (CA) Chamber;
- Nick Ortiz, W.A.C.E.;
- Tom Pierson, Former Chamber CEO;
- Chris Romer, ACE, Vail Valley (CO) Partnership;
- Kyle Sexton, Chamber Think Strategies;
- Amy Shields, ACCE Foundation;
- Katie Stice, Rancho Mirage (CA) Chamber;
- Mark Turner, City of Morgan Hill (CA);
- Kami Welch, ACE, Arvada (CO) Chamber;
Academy Plus faculty included:
- Michelle Decker, Inland Empire (CA) Community Foundation;
- Jackie Melendez, City of Chino;
- Ron Painter.