LAKE HAVASU AREA (AZ) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Service Club Membership, Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement, Health Savings Account, Retirement Plan, PTO
Chamber Membership: 650
Chamber Budget: $522,000
Total Number of Staff: 5
Population of Area Served: 62,000
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
U.S. Chamber Institute: Preferred
Position Summary: The Lake Havasu Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a charismatic and confident leader to serve as the President & CEO who will be responsible for executing the mission of the Chamber as established and set forth by the Board of Directors and Executive Committee. He/she will demonstrate expertise in strategic planning, marketing, member relations and services, program management, economic development, public policy, nonprofit governance, finance and accounting, and public speaking. The ideal candidate will possess executive leadership skills to convene leaders and chamber members to facilitate positive change and growth of the local business community. Degrees and/or experience in business management, chamber of commerce management, or non-profit management helpful.
Required Documents: Resume/CV, references, salary expectation should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: May 1, 2023
NEWARK (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: Up to $150k + Bonus DOQ
Benefits: Medical Insurance + Other
Chamber Membership: 60
Chamber Budget: Available upon request
Total Number of Staff: 2
Population of Area Served: 47,529
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who will serve as a catalyst for positive change. They will have a “can-do” attitude and work diligently to deliver focused, measurable benefits to the business community. The successful candidate will be organized and well-versed in planning and delivering events, programs, and initiatives. They will be a strong collaborator, problem solver, influencer, and communicator. The CEO will understand industry best practices for membership-driven organizations, the servant-leader concept and context for introducing and developing support for new ideas and strategies, and sources of funding and lobbying required to develop funds for economic development change.
- Leading successful economic development agencies or initiatives
- Budget and financial management
- Hiring and managing staff
- Crafting, implementing, and measuring success of membership and fundraising
- Development or lobbying for legislation and funding for economic development
- Managing a start-up operation
- Demonstrating curiosity and tenacity to develop solutions to challenging problems
HOW TO APPLY: For first consideration, apply by April 26th at: https://wbcpinc.com/job-board
SECURE THE DATES:
Initial interviews will take place virtually on May 19th. Final interviews will take place in person on May 30th. Selected candidates must be available for all dates.
Deadline: April 26, 2023
Contact: Recruiter, Wendi Brown. 541-664-0376 (direct), 866-929-9227 (toll free), email@example.com
LOS GATOS (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Executive Director
Chamber Membership: 450
Chamber Budget: $450,000
Total Number of Staff: 3
Population of Area Served: 30,000
Description: The Los Gatos Chamber is seeking an energetic hands-on leader who will be an active partner with the Board, the Town Staff and Town Council, the business community, as well as the entire membership and the Los Gatos residents.
The Executive Director will continue the efforts to increase the overall membership base. The Executive Director will also oversee all operations of the Chamber and the Town’s Visitor and Information Center including recruiting, hiring, training and supervising staff.
Skills you need:
- Proven success and meaningful experience in event planning, management, public relations, and fundraising.
- Passion for connecting business leaders to resources.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy in a wide variety of public situations.
- High Comfort Level with technology and willingness to learn new things.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Goal Oriented, reliable in meeting deadlines while working with volunteers, committees, and staff.
- Generate creative solutions and ability to think outside of set boxes.
- Understanding financial statements and budgeting.
- Awareness of ongoing community activities and events.
- Passion for local politics and knowledge of advocacy methods.
- Experience relevant to executive leadership and/or a minimum of three years’ experience in the Chamber profession.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Bonus Points if:
- “Community” is your middle name.
- You can have productive, thoughtful, and respectful discussions with anyone, anywhere, at any time.
- You can lead a team into unknowns with a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
- Your goal each day is to be helpful and hopeful.
- You treat all people equally and equitably.
- You do not tire easily.
Send resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information – bit.ly/EDjobLGCC
Deadline: May 15 or until filled
Contact: email@example.com, 408-354-9300