A talented list of instructors has once again been secured for W.A.C.E.’s Academy program, which will be held August 6–9 in Sacramento, CA. Academy is the chamber industry’s premier training and professional development program, providing chamber executives and staff members valuable tools to take their chambers to the next level.
“The Steering Committee is excited to announce this incredible lineup of instructors for the 2023 Academy program,” said Committee Chairman Glenn Morris, ACE. “Our faculty, featuring Academy veterans and some new faces, are ready to share organization management essentials, best practices and leading-edge strategies toward growth and success in the chamber industry.”
Faculty members and the courses that they will be teaching are:
- Molly Alcorn, Alcorn Law, “Legal Basics.”
- Whitney Diver McEvoy, Yountville (CA) Chamber, “Committee and Board Development.”
- Dave Kilby, W.A.C.E., “Chamber Overview and Trends.”
- Kristen Miller, Santa Barbara South Coast (CA) Chamber, “Budget Preparation and Monitoring.”
- Kyle Sexton, Chamber Think Strategies, “Membership Sales and Recruitment.”
- Kami Welch, ACE, Arvada (CO) Chamber, “Marketing and Communications.”
- Katie Stice, IOM, Rancho Mirage (CA) Chamber, “Membership Retention Essentials.”
- Chris Romer, ACE, IOM, Vail Valley (CO) Partnership, “Keeping Your Chamber Relevant.”
- Nick Ortiz, W.A.C.E. and CalChamber, “Policy Development.”
- Tom Pierson, formerly with Tacoma-Pierce County (WA) Chamber, “Financial Policies and Procedures.”
- Tallia Hart, Healdsburg (CA) Chamber and Visitors Bureau, “Revenue Development.”
- Dave Kilby, W.A.C.E., “Representing the Interests of Business with Government.”
- Erica Crawford, Morro Bay (CA) Chamber, “Strategic Planning.”
- Jim Johnson, Pearland (TX) Chamber “Everyday Ethics.”
- Glenn Morris, ACE, Santa Maria Valley (CA) Chamber, “Intro to Economic Development.”
- Jake Mangas, Redding (CA) Chamber, “Dealing with the Media.”
- Mark Turner, Mayor, Morgan Hill (CA), “Personal Leadership Development.”
- Jessica Welch, ACE, IOM, Greater Irvine (CA) Chamber, “Staff Development and Management.”
Registration materials for Academy are available on the W.A.C.E. website.
W.A.C.E. Foundation scholarship applications are currently being accepted. Applications are due by NOON on Thursday, May 25.