GREATER VANCOUVER (WA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Membership Recruitment Specialist
Salary: $40,000-$45,000 + comm
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Retirement, Expense Account, Mileage Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 1,000
Chamber Budget: $990,000
Total Number of Staff: 7
Population of Area Served: 480,000
Grow paid membership of the Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce through outreach to businesses, organizations and individuals to secure their membership. The use of expert and professional sales skills are key to success by the incumbent in this effort. Additionally, the utilization and support of the strategic marketing and development efforts of the Chamber are integral in the performance of the duties of this position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures the goals set for new members and new member revenue are met or exceeded by sales efforts targeted to those who may benefit from Chamber membership
- Contributes to the retention of members by maintaining a positive and professional relationship with members, especially those whom the incumbent has recruited.
- Provides monthly reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), which include but are not limited to prospective members identified, new member sales and new member dues totals, to the Pres/CEO.
- Provides staff support to the Membership Recruitment and Engagement Committee along with the other Membership Relations specialist, including agenda setting, recording of minutes, and follow up on items discussed in the meetings.
Necessary Skills & Abilities
- 3 – 5 years of sales experience preferred; ability to work independently as well as a member of a team; ability to achieve sales goals with minimum supervision
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Outlook, Excel and experience with Power Point
- Experience with Customer Relations Management (CRM) database
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, special emphasis in the ability to address groups from a dozen to 200 individuals
- Experience with public speaking
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish (preferred), though proficiency in another language will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience
Email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive a full position description.
Contact: John McDonagh, email@example.com
LUBBOCK (TX) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement, Country Club Membership, Expense Account, Service Club Membership, Professional Development, Monthly Auto Allowance ($600), Bonus Structure, Short-Term Disability Insurance
Chamber Membership: 1,495
Chamber Budget: $1.8M
Total Number of Staff: 12
Population of Area Served: 263,648
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
U.S. Chamber Institute Graduate: Preferred
The CEO has executive responsibility for leading a dynamic and diverse team of volunteer business leaders and professional staff to meet the Chamber’s mission is to strengthen, promote, and serve the business community serving almost 1,500 local businesses. The Chamber is responsible to the Board of Directors for the full range of activities needed to ensure the Chamber’s success in meeting its objectives in business and community development, diversity, external relations, membership and member services, legislative advocacy, and government relations special programs.
Experience and qualification requirements:
- At least 10 years of progressive leadership experience in executive/senior leadership roles (including managing staff) with a private business/corporation, trade association, economic development/related public sector entity, or not-for-profit organization.
- Excellent communications skills including written and oral.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, marketing, or related field.
- Experience working with diverse groups; promotes diversity and inclusivity programmatically.
- Previous top executive in comparably sized chamber of commerce or related business organization or executive staff in similar organizations.
- Political Advocate – Worked or has experience in the practice of taking direct action to influence public policy.
- Government relations – develops effective working relationships with elected/appointed officials and their staffs.
- Media/public relations – effectively articulates objectives and policy positions to the media and community at large.
- Sales orientation – ability to market to and promote a regional economy.
- Fiscal Management – demonstrated ability to manage financial affairs of an organization.
- Management experience – strong staff leadership and human resource development.
- Resource development – experience with capital campaigns, special events, dues, and non-dues revenue campaigns.
Deadline: April 26, 2021
Contact: Eddie McBride, President/CEO
Lubbock Chamber of Commerce
1500 Broadway, Ste. 101
Lubbock, TX 79401
HARNEY COUNTY (OR) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Executive Director
Salary: $38,000-$46,000 DOQ
Benefits: Stipend to be determined for Health Insurance
Chamber Membership: 190
Chamber Budget: $125,000
Total Number of Staff: 1
The population of Area Served: 7,300
Description: The Executive Director is the paid Chief Executive and Administrative Officer of the organization, responsible for the full range of Chamber activities in accordance with the policies, procedures, and Bylaws of the Chamber. This includes, but is not limited to, coordination of the program work, organizational structure and procedures, motivation of volunteers, income and expenditures, community outreach, service and promotion, maintenance of memberships, employment, training and supervision of staff, interpretation of policy, vision planning and maintenance of facility.
Reports to: The Executive Committee with the primary point of contact being the President of the Board of Directors
Experience and Skills Required:
- Excellent communications and public relations skills coupled with the ability to influence others in a positive manner
- Considerable working knowledge of accounting and finance as they relate to the fiscal and financial obligations of the organization, internal accounting controls, and financial analysis of revenues and expenditures
- Proficiency with budget and financial statement preparation. Must have strong knowledge of financial statement content and be comfortable presenting financial data to Chamber leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide leadership and motivate others
- Experience and knowledge using desktop publishing software
- Excellent computer skills
- Regular and reliable attendance
PLEASE VISIT WWW.HARNEYCOUNTY.COM FOR A LINK TO THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION OR CONTACT THE CHAMBER OFFICE AT 541-573-6447 OR DIRECTOR@HARNEYCOUNTY.COM
Deadline: April 16, 2021
Contact: Jordon Bennett, 541-573-6447, firstname.lastname@example.org
WILMINGTON (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: $80,000 (starting)
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Mileage Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 170
Chamber Budget: $200,000
Total Number of Staff: 2
Population of Area Served: 52,000+
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
U.S. Chamber Institute Graduate: Preferred
The CEO has executive responsibility for program, planning and operations of the Chamber. The CEO will work under policy guidelines of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee and act in accordance with the Chamber’s policies, procedures and by-laws. The CEO has executive responsibility for program, planning and operations of the Chamber.
Business Plan: The CEO guides the development of the Chamber’s overall business plan. The CEO is responsible for carrying out the business plan with the aid of the staff, officers and committee members, and within the policy framework adopted by the Board of Directors.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 5 years executive/senior level management experience (including managing staff) with a private business/corporation, trade association, economic development and/or related public sector entity, or not-for-profit organization
- Excellent communication skills including written and oral
- Must be flexible with work schedule to attend special events, business/networking functions and evening/weekend community meetings
- Competent with Word, Excel, Power-Point and Outlook
- Working knowledge of regulatory and political organizations
- An acumen for leadership
- Strong creative, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Data analysis skills, including the ability to organize, present, and analyze raw financial and usage data to formulate conclusions and write analytical reports
- Business-Community oriented
- Advocate for civic pride, small and large businesses
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or a related field is preferred
- Bilingual with the ability to speak Spanish (fluent) and English
- Reside within the community of Wilmington, Los Angeles
- Ability to and knowledge of building social media channels
The Wilmington Chamber is a member of the South Bay Association of Chambers and The Los Angeles Business Federation.
Deadline: Until Filled
Contact: Brissa Sotelo-Vargas, Interim Board Chair
Wilmington Chamber of Commerce