WILMINGTON (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: $80,000 (starting)
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Mileage Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 170
Chamber Budget: $200,000
Total Number of Staff: 2
Population of Area Served: 52,000+
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
U.S. Chamber Institute Graduate: Preferred
The CEO has executive responsibility for program, planning and operations of the Chamber. The CEO will work under policy guidelines of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee and act in accordance with the Chamber’s policies, procedures and by-laws. The CEO has executive responsibility for program, planning and operations of the Chamber.
Business Plan: The CEO guides the development of the Chamber’s overall business plan. The CEO is
responsible for carrying out the business plan with the aid of the staff, officers and committee members,
and within the policy framework adopted by the Board of Directors.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 5 years executive/senior level management experience (including managing staff) with a private business/corporation, trade association, economic development and/or related public sector entity, or not-for-profit organization
- Excellent communication skills including written and oral
- Must be flexible with work schedule to attend special events, business/networking functions and
- evening/weekend community meetings
- Competent with Word, Excel, Power-Point and Outlook
- Working knowledge of regulatory and political organizations
- An acumen for leadership
- Strong creative, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Data analysis skills, including the ability to organize, present, and analyze raw financial and usage data to formulate conclusions and write analytical reports
- Business-Community oriented
- Advocate for civic pride, small and large businesses
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or a related field is preferred
- Bilingual with the ability to speak Spanish (fluent) and English
- Reside within the community of Wilmington, Los Angeles
- Ability to and knowledge of building social media channels
The Wilmington Chamber is a member of the South Bay Association of Chambers and The Los Angeles
Deadline: Until Filled
Contact: Brissa Sotelo-Vargas, Interim Board Chair
Wilmington Chamber of Commerce
CALISTOGA (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Membership & Events Manager
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Mileage Reimbursement, 401K match
Chamber Membership: 290
Chamber Budget: $588,000
Total Number of Staff: 4
Population of Area Served: 6,000
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
Description: This position functions to oversee Chamber membership, as well as events for both the Chamber and the Calistoga Welcome Center. The ideal candidate must enjoy working in an ever-changing and high-paced environment – either in the office, in the field or remotely as current conditions dictate. The ideal candidate must be capable of interacting with visitors from all over the world as well as with chamber members and chamber investor members. This position requires strong computer and writing skills, and the ability to prioritize. Teamwork and the ability to collaborate with other staff members and industry partners is a must.
- Create, develop and execute events, which meet the goals and strategies of our visitor destination marketing and chamber membership servicing responsibilities.
- Manage the administrative tasks related to all events from permitting through on-site staffing
- Development and execution of all event-marketing elements (i.e. web advertising, print, posters, fliers, etc.) in conjunction with the PR & Marketing manager
- Assist in creating a budget for each event.
- Complete each event within the agreed upon budgeting parameters.
- Conduct a debrief meeting and capture feedback from event participants.
Membership Services Manager
- Grow membership at a rate consistent with the goals and objectives of the Chamber’s budget through outreach and constant contact
- Develop strategies and programs through which new members can be recruited.
- Develop the appropriate materials and collateral for the execution of the above tasks including, but not limited to, solicitation letters and programs for membership and Circle of Investors
- Maintenance of the membership database via Chambermaster
- Coordination and execution of membership networking events (i.e. mixers)
- Complete monthly dues and non-dues billings, as well as any follow-up communications with members.
Deadline: March 19, 2021
KEIZER (OR) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Postion: Executive Director
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Retirement, Expense Account, Service Club Membership, Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement, Cell Phone, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave
Chamber Membership: 400+
Chamber Budget: $400,000
Total Number of Staff: 3
Population of Area Served: 40,000
Description: The Keizer (Oregon) Chamber of Commerce is searching for a community minded, business professional as Executive Director who will provide proven leadership through their knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience.
The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring an environment in which membership in the organization is sought and where members and volunteers can vest themselves with ownership of the organization through the participation of the planning, production and implementation of Chamber programs, events, initiatives, and activities.
Our Mission: The Keizer Chamber of Commerce is a working partnership of business, government and community volunteers who coordinate their efforts under effective leadership for the purpose of advancement and development of the greater Keizer area. The primary objectives of the Chamber are:
- Coordinate the efforts of commerce, industry, and professionals in maintaining and strengthening a healthy business climate.
- Sponsor programs and stimulate activities which will provide for full development and employment of our human and economic resources.
- Provide creative business leadership and effective coordination of all interested parties in solving community problems and initiating constructive community-based actions.
- Create broad understanding in and appreciation of the opportunities in the greater Keizer area and to promote the advantages and assets of our community within the region and state.
Requirements: Contact Mark Caillier, Interim Executive Director for position requirments and to obtain additional information.
Deadline: Received by March 19, 2021
Contact: Mark Caillier, Interim ED, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Cell/Text: 503-930-7481
SILICON VALLEY ORGANIZATION (CA)
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Retirement, Monthly Auto Allowance
Chamber Membership: 800
Chamber Budget: $2.4 million
Total Number of Staff: 10
Population of Area Served: 1 million
The President and Chief Executive Officer will provide high profile leadership, vision, guidance, and strategic direction for the programs and personnel of the Silicon Valley Organization. The President and CEO will facilitate and lead staff and board efforts to achieve the mission and goals of the SVO as approved by the Board of Directors. The President and CEO has full P&L responsibility. The President & CEO must demonstrate knowledge and expertise on economic development principles, the regional economy, the political environment, marketing and branding concepts, membership sales, and the opportunities and challenges to the growth and prosperity of small, medium and large employers in the region. The President and CEO must demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to racial, social, and gender equity as well as openness to ideas from a variety of sources and focus on achieving “best in class” outcomes.
The successful candidate for this position must be a leader and a passionate advocate for driving the SVO to achieve standards of excellence and equity. They will be a highly collaborative leader with the ability to successfully manage current programs while developing new programs and strategic initiatives for the SVO and forming mutually beneficial partnerships with other business and community organizations within the region and state.
See www.thesvo.com for more details on the SVO. For information about qualifications for this position, and in strict confidence, request a detailed position specification from Kathryn Satcher at email@example.com
Deadline: Due March 15, 2021. Open until position is filled.
Contact: Kathryn Satcher- firstname.lastname@example.org