The W.A.C.E. Nominating Committee has announced its slate of officer and director candidates to the membership.
The following have been nominated for association officers for the upcoming 2021–2022 program year.
• Chair of the Board: Chris Romer, ACE, Vail Valley (CO) Partnership;
• Chair-Elect: Jeremy Harris, ACE, Long Beach Area (CA) Chamber;
• Vice Chair: John Brewer, Billings (MT) Chamber;
• Vice Chair: Mary Beth Sewald, Vegas (NV) Chamber;
• Vice Chair: Kami Welch, Arvada (CO) Chamber;
• Vice Chair: Gail Zurek, ACE, Visalia (CA) Chamber; and
• Immediate Past Chair: Glenn Morris, ACE, Santa Maria Valley (CA) Chamber.
Nominated for a three-year term, which will begin in February 2021, on the association’s Board of Directors are:
• Joshua Bonner, Greater Coachella Valley (CA) Chamber;
• John Brewer, Billings (MT) Chamber;
• Bridget Dixson, Santa Fe (NM) Chamber;
• Patrick Ellis, ACE, Murrieta/Wildomar (CA) Chamber;
• Paul Holden, Burnaby (BC) Board of Trade;
• Eddie McBride, Lubbock (TX) Chamber;
• Mike Neal, Tulsa Regional (OK) Chamber;
• Guy Occhiogrosso, Bellingham Regional (WA) Chamber; and
• Tom Pierson, ACE, Tacoma-Pierce County (WA) Chamber.
The nine director candidates above represent one-third of the total number of W.A.C.E. Board members and will serve through February 2024.
Partial Term Appointment
In addition to the above, Whitney Diver-McEvoy from the Yountville (CA) Chamber has been appointed to fill a two-year vacancy on the Board.
The election of officers and directors will take place on Thursday morning, February 4, 2021, during the association’s annual conference.
Anyone with questions about the nominating or election process is asked to contact W.A.C.E. President Dave Kilby at (916) 930-1202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.