ATASCADERO (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Salary: $65,000-$72,500 DOE
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Professional Development ($4000), Mileage Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 500
Chamber Budget: $500,000
Total Number of Staff: 2
Population of Area Served: 32,000
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
- Identify and create opportunities to grow the Chamber and support the business community through innovative ideas and practices.
- Responsible for all strategic planning and organizational policy.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and leading 4 Chamber councils (Diversity, Ambassadors, Legislative & Economic Development and Women’s Business) with the Chair of each council.
- Aggressively develop and execute sponsorship fund-raising strategies which further the mission and financial resources of the Chamber.
- Develop the long-term goals and direction of the Chamber to continuously support the growth and development of business success in the community.
- Align and coordinate the Chamber with other economic development groups and like-minded organizations to develop programs and sponsorships that are mutually beneficial.
- Develop a long-term strategic plan and annual business plan with measurable objectives for delivery of successful outcomes on all Chamber events, projects and programs; align objectives with annual budget revenue and expense projections.
- Provide oversight, support, and direction to on-going programs at the Chamber.
- Communicate regularly to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors on Chamber programs and activities, political issues, and other issues relevant to the success of the Chamber.
- Generate relationships and maintain effective contact with federal, state, and local officials as well as other business and community organizations pertinent to or aligned with Chamber projects or programs.
- Experience in preparing budgets and managing staff.
- Prefer experience in a membership driven, non-profit organization, chamber management preferred.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Oversee development of marketing messages, collateral materials, social media and website content.
- Lead, direct and develop Chamber’s fund-raising strategies and capital campaigns.
Deadline: November 30, 2020