Even in uncertain, crisis times, professional development MUST go on.
With that belief top of mind, the association will be delivering important content and training, much of which would have been presented in a live, face-to-face workshop environment—at political action and business retention and expansion boot camps—in a 10-part Chamber Resilience Webinar Series.
“In normal times, I find our boot camps and webinars to be an important resource for my team to discover new ideas and for us to benchmark ourselves against the best in the industry,” said W.A.C.E. Chair Glenn Morris, ACE, president and CEO of the Santa Maria Valley (CA) Chamber.
“As I look to the next 12 months and the work we will need to do on behalf of our businesses and local economy, I’m absolutely convinced this year’s webinar series will be an even more essential investment.”
All the webinars in the 2020 series will be on Wednesdays from 10 a.m.–11 a.m. (Pacific).
• June 10: Now’s Our Time to Shine: Chambers Surviving and Thriving;
• June 24: Government Affairs and Political Action 101: Getting Started, Tips for Success, Do’s and Don’ts;
• July 8: Government Affairs Advanced: Being a Player, Truly Representing Your Members’ Interests with Government;
• July 22: Political Action Advanced: Developing and Endorsing Candidates and Raising PAC Money;
• August 12: Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) Part 1: Why You Should Have a Program and How to Keep It Current;
• August 26: Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) Part 2: Funding Your BRE Program and New Chamber Programs That Can Result from Doing BRE.
Stay tuned for future communications announcing presenters for the above webinars.
Members are invited to send their suggestions for topics, content and speakers for the following webinars by emailing W.A.C.E. President Dave Kilby at email@example.com.
• September 9: TBD—suggestions welcome;
• October 7: TBD—suggestions welcome;
• November 18: TBD—suggestions welcome;
• December 2: TBD—suggestions welcome.
W.A.C.E. members can sign up for the entire 10-part series for $200. Individual webinars are available for $35. Webinars are FREE to all 2020 Academy registrants.
Registration information is available at www.waceonline.com/webinars.
NOTE: Thanks to the W.A.C.E. Foundation, a limited amount of financial assistance is available for W.A.C.E. members in good standing. Call Dave Kilby at (916) 930-1202 for details.