The W.A.C.E. Foundation Board recently announced that 19 chamber chief executive and staff professional members will receive scholarships in the amount of $500 each to assist with their registration for Academy, which will be held in Sacramento from August 4–7.
This year’s scholarship recipients are:
• Angie Anderson, Glenwood Springs (CO) Chamber Resort Association;
• Tara Doyle- Enneking, Puyallup Sumner (WA) Chamber;
• Tina Fowler, Vallejo (CA) Chamber;
• Ajmaa Heggie, Long Beach Area (CA) Chamber;
• Mark Hemstreet, Lancaster (CA) Chamber;
• Erin Hull, Redding (CA) Chamber;
• Ruby Hume, Victor Valley (CA) Chamber;
• Katie Luna, Brawley (CA) Chamber;
• Jessica Main, Templeton (CA) Chamber;
• Erik Piro, Half Moon Bay Coastside (CA) Chamber;
• Cathy Potter, Lubbock (TX) Chamber;
• Scott Radcliffe, Santa Fe Springs (CA) Chamber;
• Andrew Sall, Greater Riverside (CA) Chambers;
• Crysta Sayphraraj, Brea (CA) Chamber;
• Molly Schiff, Santa Maria Valley (CA) Chamber;
• JD Shinn, Dallas Area (OR) Chamber;
• Anna Spitz, Greater Irvine (CA) Chamber;
• Kathy Steffen, Dana Point (CA) Chamber; and
• Darcy Weir, Grand Junction Area (CO) Chamber.
2020 Conference Plans
The Foundation, which has awarded scholarships for Academy ever since being founded in 2003, also has plans to offer scholarships and help fund keynote speakers for the 2020 annual conference on February 5–7 in Portland, OR.
The vast majority of funds for the Foundation are raised at the annual conference through an opportunity drawing and the live and silent auctions.