The W.A.C.E. Foundation Board recently announced that 20 chamber chief executive and staff professional members will receive scholarships in the amount of $500 each to assist with their registration for Academy, which will be held in Sacramento, CA from August 5–8.
This year’s scholarship recipients are:
• Dawn Argula, Livermore Valley (CA) Chamber;
• Scott Ashton, Oceanside (CA) Chamber;
• Cyndi Bainbridge, McKinleyville (CA) Chamber;
• Heather Gibbons, Half Moon Bay Coastside (CA) Chamber;
• Kate Gillem, Salem Area (OR) Chamber;
• Elizabeth Hecock, Yountville (CA) Chamber;
• Dave Jochum, Longview (TX) Chamber;
• Staci Johnson, Calaveras County (CA) Chamber;
• Julia Jordan, Auburn Area (WA) Chamber;
• Anthony LoPiccolo, Jr., Menifee Valley (CA) Chamber;
• Anthony Moreno, El Centro (CA) Chamber;
• Jessica Roth, Leduc (AB) Regional Chamber;
• Rick Rungaitis, San Marcos (CA) Chamber;
• Andrew Sall, Greater Riverside (CA) Chambers;
• Michelle Sandoval, Los Banos (CA) Chamber;
• Renatta Tellez, The Chamber of Medford/Jackson County (OR);
• Heather Tramp, Klamath County (OR) Chamber;
• Stephanie Vervaart, Burlington (WA) Chamber;
• Dawna Welterlich, Lethbridge (AB) Chamber;
• Donna Wright, Greater Eureka (CA) Chamber;
2018 Conference Plans
In addition to providing scholarships to Academy and the Political Action Boot Camp, the Foundation will be sponsoring a major speaker at the annual conference and has budgeted to award 20 conference scholarships.
Monies for the Foundation are raised primarily during the live and silent auctions, and opportunity drawing held each year at the annual conference.
The W.A.C.E. Foundation has supported the Academy program with scholarships every year since it was founded in 2003.