Nicole Shahenian is the new president/CEO of the Whittier Area (CA) Chamber. Shahenian most recently led the Irwindale (CA) Chamber and succeeds Carol Crosby, who retired.
Derrick Seaver has announced he is leaving the San Jose (CA) Chamber and has accepted a teaching job. The search for his successor is underway.
The Yuba-Sutter (CA) Chamber is actively recruiting their next executive. Kristen Perry has resigned to relocate with her family to Idaho.
Many of our W.A.C.E. members were recognized at the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) convention in Salt Lake City last month:
- Pearland (TX) Chamber received the Chamber of the Year Award.
- Robert Heidt from the Glendale (AZ) Chamber received the Board Chair’s Award.
- Sharon Mayer, Allen Fairview (TX) Chamber; Jim Johnson, Pearland (TX) Chamber; and Allison Walden, Tulsa (OK) Regional Chamber, all received their Certified Chamber Executive (CCE) designation.
- Colin Diaz, ACE, with the Tempe (AZ) Chamber, was named to the ACCE Board.
- Randy Gordon was named an ACCE Life Member.