LODI (CA) DISTRICT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Salary: $110,000-$125,000 DOE
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Medical Insurance for Dependents, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Retirement, Country Club Membership, Service Club Membership, Professional Development ($2,000), Mileage Reimbursement, Monthly Auto Allowance ($250)
Membership Size: 850
Annual Budget: $900,000
Total Staff: 4
Population of Area Served: 85,000
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
U.S. Chamber Institute Graduate: Preferred
Lodi is halfway between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe in the North Central San Joaquin Region of California. Lodi is surrounded by 100,000 acres of wine-grapes, making it larger than Napa and Sonoma combined. The Appellation grows over 100 different varietals and has close to 100 wineries. While agriculture is the leading industry, Lodi has a robust and varied business sector including food processors, heavy and light manufacturing, leading medical and healthcare companies and many specialized nationally recognized companies. The charming Downtown is coveted by many cities in the region. The Mokelumne River forms the northern boundary of Lodi. This lazy river is dotted by kayakers and paddle boarders as it forms Lodi Lake. Encircling the lake are tall Valley Oaks making it perfect for picnics, community events and celebrations. Please visit www.growinlodi.com to hear stories of those who have moved to Lodi and prospered.
Description: The President/CEO of the Lodi Chamber is a visionary individual who reports to the Board of Directors Executive Committee, comprised of successful business owners and employers. The CEO is responsible for the overall management of the Chamber’s day to day operations. The CEO must be a team player, approachable and possess strategic leadership skills and programmatic experience.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Arts or Science, 5-years of experience running a chamber or member association and, a strong desire to make a difference. PERFERRED: WACE Academy or U.S. Chamber Institute graduate. For detailed job description and to apply, visit: www.lodichamber.com
Deadline: July 22, 2022
Contact: Karen Alvarez, Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org
VALLEJO (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Mileage Reimbursement
Membership Size: 400
Annual Budget: $287,450
Total Staff: 2
Population of Area Served: 150,000
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
The President/CEO coordinates and implements the many activities of the Vallejo Chamber of Commerce, working under the direction and policy guidelines of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee. The President/CEO coordinates and delegates the activities of committees and supervises the work of the staff in the pursuit of the Chamber’s objectives. As the President/CEO you will be called upon to represent the Chamber Board of Directors and officers in contact with the membership, outside individuals, public agencies and officials, various organizations and groups, and with the general public, all requiring judgment and tact to foster good community/chamber relations.
Desired Skills and ability:
- Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Outstanding time management and event planning skills.
- Strong ability to foster teamwork among Board members, staff, Chamber members, community leaders and elected officials.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and manage a budget, to analyze organization performance and to project financial performance.
- Commitment to the best business practices for the Chamber.
Desired Professional Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years management/executive level experience in a business related field or other leadership position, including supervision of professional staff and oversight of finances.
- Previous Chamber management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of local, regional and state level political systems and experience in developing collaborative relationships in these areas.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required or comparable professional training and experience attained through military, or industry.
For detailed job information and duties, please visit www.vallejochamber.com
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Deadline: June 30, 2022
Contact: Jackie Arnold, apply@Vallejochamber.com
LOS ANGELES AREA (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Membership & Sponsorship Sales Representative
Salary: $55,000-$70,000 + commission
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Medical Insurance for Dependents, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Retirement, Wellness/Health Club, Expense Account, Mileage Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 1,400
Chamber Budget: $7,035,000
Total Number of Staff: 40
Population of Area Served: 10.04 million
Description: The Membership & Sponsorship Sales Representative position is under the Membership Division of the Chamber and reports to the VP of Membership and works closely with the Director of Events to identify and drive new partnership investment opportunities (membership and sponsorship) across the Chamber’s programs and all Signature Events. The position also works with leadership committees, Chamber staff, strategic partners, volunteers, and community leaders to assist in meeting the financial goals.
The Membership and Sponsorship Sales Representative assists/develops/maintains relationships with business leaders in the region and corporate HQs outside of the Los Angeles region and identifies, cultivates, and manages best-in-class strategic partnerships with corporate investors to support the overall mission and goals of the Chamber and its members.
– Selling new membership ranging from $750 – $50,000 per year annually
– Identifying and qualifying new leads for membership
– Sell packages of Chamber membership and sponsorship to boast the Chamber’s overall revenue growth
– Efficiently register notes in Chamber CRM (Salesforce) to create a log for each account
– Attend and staff Chamber event to grow network of contacts
Sales Representative Qualifications/Skills:
- Customer service
- Meeting sales goals
- Closing skills
- Prospecting skills – Cold Calling
- Product knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Deadline: June 17, 2022