TRUCKEE (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Retirement, Service Club Membership, Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 550
Chamber Budget: $750,000
Total Number of Staff: 3FT, 7PT
Population of Area Served: 16,000
W.A.C.E. Graduate: Preferred
Description: The Truckee Chamber of Commerce is seeking a President & CEO.
The ideal candidate:
- Has proven leadership skills, is dynamic, self-motivated, analytical, passionate and understands the vital role that the Chamber plays in building a vibrant and prosperous community through business leadership.
- Brings business acumen, including economic development, ability to direct research and data collection
- Possesses a strong executive presence and confidence to interact and develop relationships with businesses, associations, nonprofits, and government
- Ability to convene, and facilitate, high-level forums
- Understands and is involved in the political process, has knowledge of local government operations and can effectively advocate for businesses
- Has experience working with boards and/or multiple stakeholder groups and is able to inspire and accomplish work through a volunteer leadership organization
- Can successfully solicit, fundraise and secure sponsorships and membership dollars
- Has experience in the development and production of creative and innovative events, sponsorship sales, planning, marketing, budgeting and logistics
- Has direct experience in revenue growth, budgeting and financial management, bookkeeping, staff development, oversight and management.
- Has strong technical skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, Google Workspace, Zoom, and ChamberMaster. Working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, social media channels and analytics a plus.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
For detailed job description, qualifications, core responsibilities and information on how to apply, visit www.truckee.com.
Deadline: May 31, 2022 or until filled
Contact: Lynn Saunders, Lynn@Truckee.com
CALISTOGA (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Expense Account, Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement, IRA match
Chamber Membership: 292
Chamber Budget: $800,000
Total Number of Staff: 5
Population of Area Served: 7,000
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
Description: Calistoga is an extraordinary, small community with a big heart and lots of tourists. It is home to world-class spas, heated mineral pools, beautiful vistas and iconic wineries that attract visitors from around the world. The Chamber President/CEO is the face of Calistoga businesses, most of which are locally owned. The President/CEO also oversees the Visitors Bureau, which consists of a Welcome Center, destination marketing and nationally recognized events like the Calistoga Lighted Tractor Parade and Calistoga Harvest table. The President/CEO manages and directs operations, finances, communications, membership, programs and events for the Chamber. These duties include membership outreach, fundraising, marketing and community outreach. The qualified candidate will need proven management and leadership skills, and demonstrate the following competencies: business ethics, visionary leadership, strategic thinking, budget management, teamwork, problem solving, excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to guide and develop people while successfully managing multiple projects.
- Minimum of 5-year’s comparable executive level experience is required,
- Bachelors Degree. (Master’s Degree a plus)
- W.A.C.E. Academy graduate preferred
- Direct experience in: Revenue growth, destination marketing, budgeting & financial management, staff development, oversight & management, community and government relations.
- Strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills; ChamberMaster, Adobe Creative Suite and Social Media experience desired.
Apply today by emailing a cover letter and your resume to: email@example.com.
Deadline: May 12, 2022 or until filled
BEVERLY HILLS (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Director of Economic Development & Government Affairs
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Retirement, Professional Development ($1,000),
Chamber Membership: 650
Chamber Budget: $1.5 million
Total Number of Staff: 9
Population of Area Served: 35,000
Description: The Director must demonstrate strategic thinking as well as the ability to implement complex initiatives and shall report directly to the CEO of the Chamber. The Director will provide general support for the programming and events concerning economic development and government affairs. In addition, the Director will prepare agendas, meeting materials, and minutes. Additional requirements are strong relationship development with excellent people skills, team player and goal oriented with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding budget goals.
- Create and administer the Chamber’s signature Economic Development Council (EDC) monthly luncheon program, which includes research and development of an ongoing list of potential speakers, comprised of influential leaders in the business and government communities; recruit Chamber members for the EDC; and market the EDC to the business community.
- Develop and implement business development and marketing initiatives through the Chamber’s annual funding agreement with the City of Beverly Hills. Previous initiatives included a Small Business Saturday marketing program, biannual Commercial Broker Roundtable Meetings, and hyper-local marketing campaigns to promote various streets in the city’s commercial areas.
- Develop, organize and execute a three-day business attraction and retention mission to New York with emphasis on the luxury retail sector and in partnership with the City of Beverly Hills. Responsibilities include research of potential luxury businesses for Beverly Hills; schedule meetings with business executives; manage the overall trip schedule; and post-trip follow up activities.
- The Director shall be familiar with relevant local, regional and statewide political issues and recruit speakers for monthly Government Affairs Committee meetings and handle logistics for the meetings.
Deadline: June 1, 2022
Contact: Farimah Fayyad, Fayyad@beverlyhillschamber.com