GEORGETOWN (TX) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Benefits: Retirement, Expense Account, Service Club Membership, Professional Development, Monthly Auto Allowance ($500), Benefit Package Under Review
Chamber Membership: 939
Chamber Budget: $771,000
Total Number of Staff: 4 FT 2 PT
Population of Area Served: 85,000
U.S. Chamber Institute Graduate: Required
Description: Georgetown is an awesome community just north of Austin, Texas with a downtown recognized as one of the most attractive in the state! It has maintained a charm and a specific identity amidst one of the fastest growing areas in Texas. The President/CEO will be heading a dynamic, growing organization poised to be the best any Chamber can be. It is a prime opportunity for an enthusiastic, progressive professional ready to take them to higher levels.
The ideal candidate will possess most of the following skills and abilities:
- A background that illustrates effective communications in all forms with boards, elected civic leaders, stakeholders, and staff.
- Staff Management
- Previous senior executive level full-time work experience that includes successfully managing a staff of five or more employees for several years.
- Public Speaking
- A background that includes articulate persuasive public speaking.
- Collaborative Team Building
- Mission oriented with a work style to include inclusiveness, coalition building and relationship management.
- Economic Development
- Full-time demonstrated experience managing or very closely collaborating with a successful economic development program.
- A bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited four-year university.
- Professional Training and Certificates
- Institute for Organizational Management (IOM) recognition by the US Chamber Foundation and Certified Chamber Executive (CCE) by the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives.
- Chamber Experience, preferred.
A minimum of 10 years of total work experience actively engaged in a Chamber of Commerce leadership position. Prior experience at an accredited Chamber of Commerce a plus.
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Contact: Jerry Huffman, Interim President/CEO
1 Chamber Way
Georgetown, Texas 78626
HAYWARD (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Benefits: Healthcare Stipend, Retirement, Expense Account, Service Club Membership, Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 540
Chamber Budget: $280,000
Total Number of Staff: 5 including PT
Population of Area Served: 160,000
W.A.C.E. Academy: Preferred
U.S. Chamber Institute Graduate: Preferred
Description: The Hayward Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors is seeking a dynamic, energetic, hands-on president and CEO to represent, enhance and grow our organization. Hayward is the third-largest city in the East Bay, with one of the most ethnically diverse populations in the state, several colleges, dozens of parks, and an economic base including food manufacturers, life sciences companies, and logistics operations.
- Establish, strategies and tactics to advance organizational goals, including, retaining and increasing membership through programs, services and recruitment; providing programs and services to meet the organization’s needs and interests; and generating revenue sufficient or exceeding what is necessary to support and sustain the chamber’s mission and operation.
- Cultivate good relationships with city, county, state and federal government entities, elected officials and staff, and business organizations.
- Interface with the leadership of businesses as well as government officials, to gain collective contribution to the vision for economic prosperity. As appropriate, attend meetings of the Hayward City Council, planning commission, Economic Development Committee, and related bodies, where the president may give presentations on chamber positions and activities, or arrange for chamber representatives to do so.
- Maintain a high level of communication among chamber officers, directors, staff, committees, and members as well as the general public. Using e-newsletters and various social media platforms.
- Coordinate the activities of chamber affiliate committees and councils with that of the board.
- Prepare and implement an annual budget for the chamber.
The current president/CEO is retiring in June and will act as confidential, non-voting staff support. A complete job description is at www.hayward.org at the link “President/CEO Search.”
Deadline: March 30, 2022
Contact: Kim Huggett, President/CEO, Hayward Chamber of Commerce, email@example.com, 510-537-2424, ext. 3
PLEASANTON (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Retirement, Expense Account, Mileage Reimbursement, Vacation/Sick Leave
Chamber Membership: 600
Chamber Budget: $500,000
Total Number of Staff: 4
Population of Area Served: 82,000
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
Description: The President/CEO is a key representative and advocate for business owners and employers in Pleasanton and the Tri-Valley Region working to promote and strengthen communities by building prosperity through a healthy economy and strong business sector.
The over-arching responsibilities of this position are to lead the Chamber by successfully implementing its strategic initiatives; growing revenues and membership; supporting a strong team and cultivating a world class work culture; working closely and productively with prominent business leaders; fostering positive relationships and advocacy with elected and appointed local, county, state, and federal governmental officials; serving as the Chamber spokesperson to the media; collaborating with public and private sector partnership organizations in the Tri-Valley region; and developing and implementing member programming that includes education, resources, and events to support business success.
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Has proven leadership skills and understands the vital role that the Chamber plays in supporting and enhancing its business community
- Private, nonprofit, or related management experience, including strong business acumen, personnel management, and functional knowledge of accounting principles
- The ability to cultivate and deliver value for membership
- Understanding of current political climate in the Pleasanton community and confidence to interact and achieve high visibility with city, county and state elected officials
- Adept at coalition building, relationship management, and negotiating complex agreements.
- Skilled in interpersonal, written, and public speaking communication
- A strategic and visionary approach to leading an organization
- Technologically proficient, with knowledge of contemporary communication strategies
- View the prospect of leading the Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce to the next level as an exciting opportunity
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; an advanced degree in public administration, law, MBA, or another related field is desirable
Deadline: March 18, 2022
Contact: Herb Ritter, firstname.lastname@example.org
C/O Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce
777 Peters Ave.
Pleasanton, CA 94566
TAHOE CHAMBER (LAKE TAHOE SOUTH SHORE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE)
Position: Membership Success
Salary: $55,000 and bonus eligible
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement, Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 500
Chamber Budget: $600,000
Total Number of Staff: 3
Population of Area Served: Lake Tahoe, NV & CA
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
Requirements: Tahoe Chamber is seeking to hire a Member Success Coordinator. This is a full-time position that will report to the CEO
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain relationships with Tahoe Chamber members and ensure that Tahoe Chamber members receive high value and satisfaction for their investment in the Chamber
- Help formulate and execute business development strategies to identify and close prospective members, working with Tahoe Chamber President & CEO and key members of Tahoe Chamber team
- Help companies in Tahoe Chamber member network, learn about, and access resources from Tahoe Chamber and its partners, including opportunities for companies to engage their employees in Tahoe Chamber’s communities and events, raise the company’s visibility, and have an impact in the community through advocacy and/or volunteer projects
- Retain existing members and onboard new members for Tahoe Chamber, including conducting member engagement sessions for existing and new members
- Develop and maintain membership benefits program, including identifying services and products for Tahoe Chamber members and negotiating with prospective providers of member benefits
- Develop and conduct member satisfaction surveys
- Manage the Association’s CRM and member management/engagement tools to ensure the accounts are current, relevant information is being captured and utilized for optimal engagement.
- Advise members of the Tahoe Chamber team and help strategize ways to further streamline and optimize the member engagement process throughout Tahoe Chamber’s systems and platforms
- Develop content and engage with members via Tahoe Chamber’s member-only platform, including connecting Tahoe Chamber members to resources and Tahoe Chamber initiatives
- Coordinate key member events throughout the year including Tahoe Chamber’s Annual Member Meeting as well as Member Mixes and other programs
- Assist on miscellaneous projects and tasks related to marketing, membership, and events.
Deadline: March 30, 2022
Contact: Mike Glover, CEO; email@example.com