GRESHAM AREA (OR) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & VISITORS CENTER
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Medical Insurance for Dependents, Dental Insurance, Retirement, Expense Account, Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 450
Chamber Budget: $400,000
Total Number of Staff: 4.5
Population of Area Served: 114,000
Description: If you are an inspiring and collaborative leader with outstanding communication and relationship-building skills that enthusiastically supports chamber goals and who wants to work for an amazing community….we are a perfect match. Our chamber is the catalyst in the community that advocates, educates and collaborates on behalf of its membership for regional vitality and prosperity. An important element of the job is growing he membership to continue to ensure a solid financial foundation and positive economic impact in the region.
Ideal Candidate attributes:
- Experienced as a highly successful CEO or Senior level executive who has led a team of five or more
- Private, nonprofit or related management experience, including strong bususiness acumen, personnel management, and functional knowledge of accounting principles
- A strong record of successful comprehensive business management, with an understanding of what constitutes a comprehensive vision development program
- The ability to cultivate and deliver value for membership
- Politically savvy
- Skilled in interpersonal, written and public speaking communication
- A strategic approach to leading an organization
- Technologically proficient, with knowledge of contemporary communication strategies
- View the prospect of leading GACC to the next level as an exciting opportunity.
The Gresham Area Chamber is a healthy organization with large cash reserves. The Board of Directors is diverse and a true representation of membership. Staff is experienced and very dedicated. Gresham is often described as a small town feel with a big town population. Gresham is a caring and giving community. That also describes our membership. Being the CEO of the Gresham Area Chamber will provide personal joy and rewards.
Deadline: February 20, 2022
Contact: Lynn Snodgrass, CEO@greshamchamber.org
SEDONA (AZ) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & TOURISM BUREAU
Position: Business Development Manager
Salary: $45,000-$55,000 base
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement, Mileage Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 700
Chamber Budget: $525,000, TB Budget $2.2 million
Total Number of Staff: 11
Population of Area Served: Sedona, Verde Valley
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
U.S. Chamber Institute Graduate: Preferred
Description: This position is responsible for generating private revenues via the continued development and implementation of a healthy and ever-expanding membership program, solicitation of program underwriting and event sponsorship opportunities, and publication/website ad sales. Responsible for implementing a high-touch stewardship program to ensure retention and renewals. Works in partnership with the President/CEO, fellow staff members, the Board of Directors, volunteers, and a Membership Committee, and is highly engaged with community engagement activities.
- Develop and implement an ambitious membership recruitment and retention plan to increase the number of member businesses and to retain and upgrade existing members.
- Create collaborative processes that engage the President/CEO, fellow staff members, the Board of Directors, and the Board’s Membership Committee.
- Create sales and sponsorship related content for the Chamber’s websites and e-Newsletters, social media engagement, and print collateral.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of Chamber and sponsorship events.
- Ensure membership collateral and communications adhere to brand standards.
- Maintain the member data base to ensure a sustainable membership program and proper dues and sponsor billings and collections.
- Provide input for and implement budgets and work programs.
- Develop and implement revenue growth strategies and solicit business sponsorships, program underwriting and ad sales opportunities for annual programs, events, and publications.
- Represent the Chamber on nonprofit community organization volunteer committees.
- Participate in Chamber industry related conferences and events for professional development.
Deadline: February 28, 2022
Contact: Gary Stewart, firstname.lastname@example.org