The W.A.C.E. Nominating Committee has announced its slate of officer and director candidates to the membership.
The following have been nominated for association officers for the upcoming 2022–2023 program year.
• Chair of the Board: Jeremy Harris, ACE, Long Beach Area (CA) Chamber;
• Chair-Elect: Lorraine Clarno, ACE, Kalispell (MT) Chamber;
• Vice Chair: John Brewer, Billings (MT) Chamber;
• Vice Chair: Colin Diaz, Culver City (CA) Chamber;
• Vice Chair: Whitney Diver-McEvoy, Yountville (CA) Chamber;
• Vice Chair: Kami Welch, Arvada (CO) Chamber; and
• Immediate Past Chair: Chris Romer, ACE, Vail Valley (CO) Partnership.
Nominated for a three-year term, which will begin in February 2022, on the association’s Board of Directors are:
• Lorraine Clarno, Kalispell (MT) Chamber;
• Colin Diaz, Culver City (CA) Chamber;
• Jim Johnson, Pearland (TX) Chamber;
• Glenn Morris, ACE, Santa Maria Valley (CA) Chamber;
• Mark Turner, Gilroy (CA) Chamber;
• Sherry Taylor, Mason-Deerfield (OH) Chamber;
• Sarah Watts, Gilbert (AZ) Chamber;
• Jessica Welch, ACE, Greater Irvine (CA) Chamber; and
• Kami Welch, Arvada (CO) Chamber.
The nine director candidates above represent one-third of the total number of W.A.C.E. Board members and will serve through February 2025.
Partial Term Appointments
In addition to the above, Maria Salinas, president/CEO of the Los Angeles Area (CA) Chamber, has been appointed to fill a one-year vacancy on the Board. Tallia Hart, president/CEO of the Healdsburg (CA) Chamber, and Eli Matthews, president/CEO of The Chamber of Medford Jackson County (OR), have been appointed to fill two-year vacancies.
The election of officers and directors will take place on Thursday morning, February 3, 2022, during the association’s annual conference in Glendale, AZ.
Anyone with questions about the nominating or election process is asked to contact W.A.C.E. President Dave Kilby at (916) 930-1202 or via email at email@example.com.