BREA (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Medical Insurance for Dependents, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Retirement, Professional Development ($1,000), Mileage Reimbursement, Cell Phone Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 410
Chamber Budget: $375,000
Total Number of Staff: 2
Population of Area Served: 43,000
Description: The Brea Chamber of Commerce is looking for a creative, entrepreneurial leader to take the organization to its next phase of excellence in providing services of value to the business community in the City of Brea and North Orange County region. The ideal candidate should be passionate about the evolving the mission of the Chamber and has the aptitude and leadership abilities to take the Chamber to its next level.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Strategic vision with extensive and nuanced skills to drive change management, mission
fulfillment, and operational outcomes
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Broad knowledge of industry acumen, entrepreneurship, innovation and legislative advocacy
- Demonstrated skills in human resource development, team building, and performance
- Adept at coalition building, relationship management, and negotiating agreements
- Exceptional communication skills both in writing and orally with members, potential
members, elected officials, outside organizations, media outlets, and the Board of Directors
- Possesses and demonstrates high standards of integrity, work ethic, trustworthiness,
and personal responsibility
- Proven ability to develop relationships resulting in increased memberships and sponsorships.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public relations, marketing or other related fields
- Prior experience in organizational development, strategic planning, budgets, and finance.
- Appropriate written skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, a high level of
professionalism and sound time management skills/practices.
- Western Association of Chamber Executive Accredited Chamber Executive preferred
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute for Organizational Management (IOM) preferred
Submit cover letter and resume
Deadline: January 31, 2022
TIGARD (OR) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Chamber Growth Manager
Salary: $36,00-40,000 (DOE) + commission
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Mileage Reimbursement, 401K and 401K match, PTO, Cell Phone Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 270
Chamber Budget: $300,000
Total Number of Staff: 3
Population of Area Served: 53,000
Reports to: CEO
Summary: Under minimal supervision, position is responsible for driving and growing revenue for the chamber through strategic/targeted membership sales, acquisition of investors for key programs/partner opportunities and sponsorship sales for annual chamber and farmers market events.
Membership Sales – 55%
- Contact, acquire and sell new Tigard Chamber memberships to business, individuals, non-profits and government entities determining prospect need set as it fits with tiered member levels.
- Achieve quota goals by tier for new member sales, selling a minimum of 7 memberships/month
- Ensure all sales processes are integrated and strategic, support strategic plan objectives and brand position, adhere to brand standards and are an effective expenditures of resources
- Closely monitor industry trends and local issues impacting the Chamber’s membership sales efforts
Program and Partner Investors – 30%
- Develop research-based strategies for program and partnerships investor sales.
- Cultivate strategic relationships that will lead to investment in Tigard Chamber programs
- Contact, develop and acquire investors for Tigard Chamber Programs and Partnerships to meet quota objectives determining prospect need set as it fits with investment offerings.
- Achieve quota goals by program
- For new programs, work with chamber team to develop investor benefits package
Sponsorships – 15%
- Develop funnel, prospect and sell sponsorships to member and non-member business, individuals and organizations for Tigard Chamber and Farmers Market Events
- Help develop new sponsorship opportunities for events that provide value to sponsors.
- Achieve quota goals for sponsorship sales
- 3-5 years of previous membership/association sales or business to business sales/business development experience required. Strategic selling experience a plus.
Must have reliable vehicle
COVID Vaccine Required
Deadline: November 15, 2021
Contact: Debi Mollahan, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Benefits: Monthly Medical Insurance Stipend, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
Chamber Membership: 350
Total Number of Staff: 2
Population of Area Served: 66,000
Description: The CEO is a key representative and advocate for business owners and employers; accountable for providing executive leadership, strategic direction and vision for the development and fulfillment of the Chamber’s mission and Bylaws. The CEO is responsible for the overall management and success of the South San Francisco Chamber of Commerce and the South San Francisco Chamber of Commerce Education Foundation; it’s funding, members, employees, programs, and events. While responsible to the entire Board of Directors, the CEO will report directly to its Executive Committee. The CEO is actively involved in community wide business and economic related issues and events as well as effectively advocating for business at local, state, and regional government levels. Other duties may be required.
KEY PRIORITIES AND AREAS OF FOCUS
- Economic Development: Grow the financial strength of the Chamber as measured by membership and revenues.
- Advocacy: Give voice to our member’s interests and on issues affecting their business.
- Communicate/Connect: Develop effective communications and marketing efforts with membership, city leadership, elected officials, and the community.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of 5 years of Executive/Senior level management in a Chamber of Commerce or closely related industry.
- Thorough knowledge of finance, economics, planning, management and/or competitive strategies, evidenced by appropriate experience.
- Develop and implement new programs/incentives for sustained revenue growth.
- Superior written, oral communication and social media skills as well as strong public speaking ability.
- Thorough understanding of the political environment of chambers, trade associations and the business community.
- Technology experience including Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, and Chamber related software.
- Valid California Driver’s License required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
Deadline: December 10, 2021
Contact: Linda Parenti, email@example.com
South County (CA) Chambers of Commerce
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Retirement, Service Club Membership, Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 653
Chamber Budget: $750,000/Annually
Total Number of Staff: 7
Population of Area Served: 100,000
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
U.S. Chamber Institute Graduate: Preferred
Description: This is a unique opportunity to live and work on the beautiful Central Coast of California! Located just 15 minutes from San Luis Obispo, the South County Chambers of Commerce (SCCC) serves the business communities of Arroyo Grande, Grover Beach, Avila Beach, Nipomo, Oceano, Shell Beach and Pismo Beach as well as the farms and vineyards throughout the countryside. Over the past four years, our chamber has successfully merged smaller local chambers into a strong, regional fast growing association of businesses. We are seeking a leader who can continue this upward trajectory, support ongoing growth and build on our current momentum. You will be working with small businesses, local non-profits, regional governments, hoteliers and myriad others to maintain and improve commerce in this heavily toured region. The majority of the area is unincorporated and the SCCC acts as an essential source to navigate the legislative requirements for new and relocating enterprises. We all wear a lot of hats here on the Central Coast, you won’t get bored!
This position is responsible for assisting in the development of policy, implementing policy, and recommending action to the Board of Directors for the continued success of the South County Chambers of Commerce. The CEO is responsible for overseeing the coordination of the existing operations of the Chamber. The CEO develops, promotes, and plans events and functions, communicates effectively with the membership on needs, ideas, and opportunities, and develops and implements and annual budget and organizational plan that advances the general welfare and prosperity of our Chamber membership. The CEO is enthusiastic, creative, and well organized, and is an excellent communicator capable of functioning well in an independent environment.
This position is full time, salaried exempt.
Deadline: Open Until Filled