The W.A.C.E. Foundation Board recently announced that the following 20 chamber chief executives and staff professionals will receive scholarships in the amount of $500 each to assist with their registration for Academy, which will be held in Sacramento from August 8–11.
This year’s scholarship recipients are:
• Dawn Argula, Livermore Valley (CA) Chamber;
• Carolyn Bopp, San Rafael (CA) Chamber;
• Trish Christensen, Modesto (CA) Chamber;
• Josh Cross, Atascadero (CA) Chamber;
• Lisa Farquharson, The Dalles Area (OR) Chamber;
• Hana Gilbert, Oceanside (CA) Chamber;
• Kyle Lang, Canby Area (OR) Chamber;
• Natalie Leighton, Long Beach Area (CA) Chamber;
• Judy Lloyd, Danville (CA) Chamber;
• Kathleen McNary, Carlsbad (CA) Chamber;
• Jesse Miles, McKinleyville (CA) Chamber;
• Michael “Myke” Munroe, Murrieta/Wildomar (CA) Chamber;
• Jessica Penman, Yountville (CA) Chamber;
• Kaelyn Peterson, Greater Bakersfield (CA) Chamber;
• C.J. Rhyne, Grand Junction Area (CO) Chamber;
• Jena Rodriguez, Visalia (CA) Chamber;
• Andrew Sall, Greater Riverside (CA) Chambers;
• Crystal Sayphraraj, Brea (CA) Chamber;
• Molly Schiff, Santa Maria Valley (CA) Chamber;
• Stephanie Vervaart, Burlington (WA) Chamber.
2022 Conference Plans
The Foundation, which has generously awarded scholarships annually for Academy since 2003, also plans to offer scholarships and help fund speakers for the 2022 annual conference on February 2–4 in Glendale, AZ.
Applications for scholarships to the annual conference will be available in mid-September.
Historically, the vast majority of the funds for the Foundation have been raised at the annual conference through an opportunity drawing and an auction.