ROSEVILLE AREA (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Retirement, Expense Account, Service Club Membership, Professional Development, Monthly Auto Allowance ($500), Performance Drive Bonus
Chamber Membership: 950
Chamber Budget: $800,000
Total Number of Staff: 5
Population of Area Served: 140,000
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
U.S. Chamber Institute Graduate: Preferred
The CEO by authority granted by the Board of Directors, directs and leads the Roseville Area Chamber of Commerce toward its mission. Key areas of responsibility include: providing leadership for operations, fiscal management, marketing, fundraising, public/community relations, program development, HR management, strategic direction, and developing activities which promote the Greater Roseville Area business community. Specifically, the CEO instills the mission of the Chamber, serves as liaison with local government and advocates for local business and economic development.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY
The Roseville Area Chamber is the only 5 Star Accredited Chamber in Northern California, and only 1 of 5 in California. At the base of the Sierra Nevada foothills, Roseville is Placer County’s largest city at 145,000 residents. Roseville was again named one of the top places to live in America by Money.com magazine and has been recognized as one of the best places to raise a family, start a business, buy a first home and retire, as well as the safest city, most playful city, healthiest city and one of the lowest cost of living places in California to do business.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Leap Solutions Group, Inc. has been selected to conduct this search on behalf of the Roseville Area Chamber of Commerce. We are accepting submissions until 5:00 pm PST, Friday, July 16th, 2021. Early application is encouraged. We will contact you if your application is under consideration. All inquiries concerning this position should be directed to Leap Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants should apply and view a full job description at LeapSolutions.com/RosevilleChamberCEO.
LOS ANGELES AREA (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Business Development & Sales Representative
Salary: $65,000 per year
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Retirement, Mileage Reimbursement, Vacation, Sick Pay, Holidays
Chamber Membership: 1,400
Chamber Budget: $5.1 million
Total Number of Staff: 36
Population of Area Served: Greater Los Angeles
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
- Revenue Generation: Achieve revenue through fundraising initiatives (Membership, packages, sponsorships) utilizing organizational best practices, achieve specific revenue budget, manage the timeline & logistics for sponsorship solicitation.
- Utilize Sales Process &Techniques: prospect, follow-up, sell memberships, partnerships, achieve sales quota. Assess prospective member needs & priorities to make appropriate connections to Chamber programs & benefits.
- Achievement of Sales Goals: Consistently meet monthly sales activity & production minimums. Leverage upselling of investor tiers, membership upgrades, & sponsorships to drive new revenue/deeper member engagement.
- Relationship Building: Develop strong networks within the community, corporations, etc. Identify target audiences, build appropriate recruitment & fundraising strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain & upgrade event donors/sponsors/teams/participants. Develop a pipeline through relationships, networking, sales calls or other prospecting efforts.
- Assess & Plan: Monitor & evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising initiatives; fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event potential, & overall success of the event. Develop and implement strategies to enhance growth potential.
- Organizational Effectiveness: Proficiency in systems that track & manage revenue generating activities, volunteer leadership, and internal systems of the Chamber. Prepare/maintain accurate records/data to evaluate cost-effectiveness, profitability, and public awareness of events and activities. Monitor income/expense budgets, compilation/analysis of event statistics, research & analyze community fundraising potential versus actual revenues, etc.
Strategic Partnerships & Event Marketing: Collaborate closely w/Strategic Partnership & MarComm teams to oversee partnerships and local marketing/communications/media relations efforts to drive awareness & community engagement.
Contact: Carmen Torres, 626-863-7575 or email@example.com
THE CHAMBER OF MEDFORD & JACKSON COUNTY (OR)
Position: Senior VP, Travel Medford
Benefits: Retirement, medical and mileage
Chamber Membership: 1,300
Chamber Budget: $1,700,000
Total Number of Staff: 4
Population of Area Served: 225,000
The Travel Medford Senior Vice President is responsible for promoting the city of Medford as a convention, sports, meeting and visitor destination, and for cultural and recreational activities.
- Plan and implement effective and aggressive tourism promotion programs.
- Aggressively promote meetings, conferences, and conventions in Medford; maintain convention files; and direct and oversee convention services and sales.
- Develop and supervise the annual Travel Medford budget.
- Educate the community and raise the awareness of the economic impact of tourism and conventions in Medford & the Rogue Valley.
- Oversee advertising ad campaign on local and regional levels working closely with staff.
- Coordinate and work with the Travel Medford Tourism Council and help chair plan and coordinate monthly meetings.
- Supervise and direct the updating of tourism and convention materials, brochure inventory and the visitor packet program.
- Supervise and manage the Visitor Information Center.
- Conduct surveys and gather statistics and information on the visitor industry locally, statewide and nationally.
- Hire Travel Medford staff and oversee selection process for volunteers.
- Train and supervise Travel Medford staff.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports of department performance and report to the City Council, Hoteliers, Travel Medford Tourism Council, Chamber Executive Committee and Chamber Board of Directors.
- Oversee, as required, literature utilized in promoting Medford & the Rogue Valley.
- Promote the area, Travel Medford and The Chamber, by interrelating with other Chamber action teams and by being active and visible in the community.
- Participate, as approved by the President & CEO, in tourism/hospitality related organizations and activities at the local, regional and state level.
- At least 2 years in Travel and Tourism field, non-profit management or professional association work
- Experience in management
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must pass a background check
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of five (3) years of tourism industry experience and previous DMO leadership experience is preferred
- Experience in brand enhancement and management
How to Apply:
Send full Resume with the answers to following questions (as a cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why do you want to serve in this role?
- Why You and Why Here?
- Tell us something that is unique about your leadership style.
Deadline: Opens 5.25.21 until filled
Contact: email@example.com, 541-608-8516