LOS ANGELES AREA (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Business Development & Sales Representative
Salary: $65,000 per year
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Retirement, Mileage Reimbursement, Vacation, Sick Pay, Holidays
Chamber Membership: 1,400
Chamber Budget: $5.1 million
Total Number of Staff: 36
Population of Area Served: Greater Los Angeles
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
- Revenue Generation: Achieve revenue through fundraising initiatives (Membership, packages, sponsorships) utilizing organizational best practices, achieve specific revenue budget, manage the timeline & logistics for sponsorship solicitation.
- Utilize Sales Process &Techniques: prospect, follow-up, sell memberships, partnerships, achieve sales quota. Assess prospective member needs & priorities to make appropriate connections to Chamber programs & benefits.
- Achievement of Sales Goals: Consistently meet monthly sales activity & production minimums. Leverage upselling of investor tiers, membership upgrades, & sponsorships to drive new revenue/deeper member engagement.
- Relationship Building: Develop strong networks within the community, corporations, etc. Identify target audiences, build appropriate recruitment & fundraising strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain & upgrade event donors/sponsors/teams/participants. Develop a pipeline through relationships, networking, sales calls or other prospecting efforts.
- Assess & Plan: Monitor & evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising initiatives; fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event potential, & overall success of the event. Develop and implement strategies to enhance growth potential.
- Organizational Effectiveness: Proficiency in systems that track & manage revenue generating activities, volunteer leadership, and internal systems of the Chamber. Prepare/maintain accurate records/data to evaluate cost-effectiveness, profitability, and public awareness of events and activities. Monitor income/expense budgets, compilation/analysis of event statistics, research & analyze community fundraising potential versus actual revenues, etc.
- Strategic Partnerships & Event Marketing: Collaborate closely w/Strategic Partnership & MarComm teams to oversee partnerships and local marketing/communications/media relations efforts to drive awareness & community engagement.
Contact: Carmen Torres, 626-863-7575 or email@example.com
IRWINDALE (CA) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Membership & Event Manager
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement
Chamber Membership: 250
Chamber Budget: $275,000
Total Number of Staff: 3
Population of Area Served: 1,500
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
Summary: In consultation and coordination with the President & CEO, the Membership and Events Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the Chamber’s membership services and event production/logistics.
The Membership and Events Manager plays an essential role in producing Chamber events that enhance the Chamber’s image, improve member loyalty, and promote the Irwindale Business Community. The position is responsible for managing all aspects of new, recurring, and special events such as monthly networking meetings, mixers, grand openings/ribbon cuttings, and major events. The position is tasked with researching and securing venues; planning and managing the Chamber’s events calendar; negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors (in consultation with the CEO); assisting with event marketing; and monitoring event timeframes and budgets.
The Membership and Events Manager plays a lead role in cultivating the Chamber’s overall member relations efforts and growing community awareness about the benefits that Chamber membership provides. The position is responsible for managing the operational needs of our members, promoting Chamber membership to new business prospects, marketing member information on various media platforms, and welcoming new members to the Chamber. The Membership and Events Manager serves as lead staff, coordinating and providing administrative support for the Chamber’s Ambassador Committee, Events Committee and other committees as assigned.
Qualifications: Degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Event Planning, or related field; Minimum 2 years Events Planning; WACE Academy Graduate Preferred.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to CEO@IrwindaleChamber.org. Please include “Membership & Events Manager Applicant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. For full job description please visit www.irwindalechamber.org/employment-opportunities.
Deadline: June 25, 2021
THE CHAMBER OF MEDFORD & JACKSON COUNTY (OR)
Position: Senior VP, Travel Medford
Benefits: Retirement, medical and mileage
Chamber Membership: 1,300
Chamber Budget: $1,700,000
Total Number of Staff: 4
Population of Area Served: 225,000
The Travel Medford Senior Vice President is responsible for promoting the city of Medford as a convention, sports, meeting and visitor destination, and for cultural and recreational activities.
- Plan and implement effective and aggressive tourism promotion programs.
- Aggressively promote meetings, conferences, and conventions in Medford; maintain convention files; and direct and oversee convention services and sales.
- Develop and supervise the annual Travel Medford budget.
- Educate the community and raise the awareness of the economic impact of tourism and conventions in Medford & the Rogue Valley.
- Oversee advertising ad campaign on local and regional levels working closely with staff.
- Coordinate and work with the Travel Medford Tourism Council and help chair plan and coordinate monthly meetings.
- Supervise and direct the updating of tourism and convention materials, brochure inventory and the visitor packet program.
- Supervise and manage the Visitor Information Center.
- Conduct surveys and gather statistics and information on the visitor industry locally, statewide and nationally.
- Hire Travel Medford staff and oversee selection process for volunteers.
- Train and supervise Travel Medford staff.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports of department performance and report to the City Council, Hoteliers, Travel Medford Tourism Council, Chamber Executive Committee and Chamber Board of Directors.
- Oversee, as required, literature utilized in promoting Medford & the Rogue Valley.
- Promote the area, Travel Medford and The Chamber, by interrelating with other Chamber action teams and by being active and visible in the community.
- Participate, as approved by the President & CEO, in tourism/hospitality related organizations and activities at the local, regional and state level.
- At least 2 years in Travel and Tourism field, non-profit management or professional association work
- Experience in management
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must pass a background check
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of five (3) years of tourism industry experience and previous DMO leadership experience is preferred
- Experience in brand enhancement and management
How to Apply:
Send full Resume with the answers to following questions (as a cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why do you want to serve in this role?
- Why You and Why Here?
- Tell us something that is unique about your leadership style.
Deadline: Opens 5.25.21 until filled
Contact: email@example.com, 541-608-8516
KEIZER (OR) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Executive Director
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Retirement, Expense Account, Service Club Membership, Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement, Cell Phone, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave
Chamber Membership: 400+
Chamber Budget: $400,000
Total Number of Staff: 3
Population of Area Served: 40,000
Description: The Keizer (Oregon) Chamber of Commerce is searching for a community minded, business professional as Executive Director who will provide proven leadership through their knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience.
The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring an environment in which membership in the organization is sought and where members and volunteers can vest themselves with ownership of the organization through the participation of the planning, production and implementation of Chamber programs, events, initiatives, and activities.
Our Mission: The Keizer Chamber of Commerce is a working partnership of business, government and community volunteers who coordinate their efforts under effective leadership for the purpose of advancement and development of the greater Keizer area. The primary objectives of the Chamber are:
- Coordinate the efforts of commerce, industry, and professionals in maintaining and strengthening a healthy business climate.
- Sponsor programs and stimulate activities which will provide for full development and employment of our human and economic resources.
- Provide creative business leadership and effective coordination of all interested parties in solving community problems and initiating constructive community-based actions.
- Create broad understanding in and appreciation of the opportunities in the greater Keizer area and to promote the advantages and assets of our community within the region and state.
For position requirements and/or to apply submit a letter of interest and resume that may include computer skills, presentation skills, sales, finance, marketing and business development background, legislative/rule making experience, supervisory skills/experience, plus at least two business references and two community references to: Executive Director Recruitment, Keizer Chamber of Commerce, 4118 River Rd. N, Keizer, OR 97303.
Deadline: Until filled
Contact: Jonathan Thompson, Keizer Chamber Board, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Cell/Text: (503) 580-1294