While many details are still being worked out, the plans for the association’s virtual conference are coming into focus.
In keeping with the theme of “Relevant: Now More Than Ever,” conference chair Jeremy Harris, president/CEO of the Long Beach Area (CA) Chamber, and his committee have put together a program that is full of content and designed to fight Zoom fatigue.
Daily on February 3–5, 2021, we will have a keynote speaker and announce award recipients.
The conference will be extended for eight consecutive weeks on Wednesdays beginning on February 10, 2021 with a webinar covering a topic that was originally slated to be an in-person breakout session. These 60-minute sessions will all be at 10 a.m. (Pacific).
• Kicking off the conference on the morning of Wednesday, February 3, 2021 will be leadership and sales professional Ryan Estis with his keynote “Lead Your Way Forward—Resilient Leadership for the New Economy.”
• The conference program on Thursday, February 4, 2021 will be highlighted by a session with human behavior expert Betsy Allen-Manning presenting “DNA of High Achievers—Develop the Mindset, Discipline, Habits and Game Plan to Reach Your Next Level.”
• John Register, Paralympic silver medalist, will close out the program on February 5, 2021 with his inspirational presentation, titled “Hurdle Adversity: Amputate Fear and Embrace Your New Normal Mindset.”
Included with your conference registration will be a series of weekly sessions covering the following topics:
• Chambers Leading Through Crisis.
• Economic Recovery.
• Streamlining Strategies—Doing More with Less.
• Membership Recruitment.
• Strategic Communications to Deliver Value.
• Diversity, Inclusion, Equity and Equality Opportunities.
• Partnerships and Collaborative Efforts That Matter.
• Monetizing Your Chamber: Reimaging Events and Diversifying Income Streams.
Presentation dates for the above sessions have not yet been determined.
For registration information, see www.calchamber.com/waceannualconference2021.
Contact Shandi Fraser with any conference or sponsorship-related questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.