The W.A.C.E. Nominating Committee has announced its slate of officer and director candidates to the membership.
The following have been nominated for association officers for the upcoming 2019–2020 program year.
• Chairman of the Board: Todd Sanders, Greater Phoenix (AZ) Chamber;
• Chair-Elect: Glenn Morris, ACE, Santa Maria Valley (CA) Chamber;
• Vice Chair: Lisa Krueger, ACE, Lake Havasu Area (AZ) Chamber;
• Vice Chair: Jill Lagan, ACE, Boulder City (NV) Chamber;
• Vice Chair: Lori Mattson, Tri-City Regional (WA) Chamber;
• Vice Chair: Chris Romer, Vail Valley (CO) Partnership; and
• Immediate Past Chair: Brad Hicks, The Chamber of Medford/Jackson County (OR).
Nominated for a three-year term, which will begin in February 2019, on the Association’s Board of Directors are:
• Lorraine Clarno, ACE, Beaverton (OR) Chamber;
• Jim Johnson, Georgetown (TX) Chamber;
• Jill Lagan, ACE, Boulder City (NV) Chamber;
• Glenn Morris, ACE, Santa Maria Valley (CA) Chamber;
• Toni Padron, Carlsbad (CA) Chamber;
• Mark Turner, Gilroy (CA) Chamber;
• Jessica Welch, Greater Irvine (CA) Chamber;
• Kami Welch, Arvada (CO) Chamber; and
• Gail Zurek, ACE, Visalia (CA) Chamber.
The nine director candidates above represent one-third of the total number of W.A.C.E. Board members and will serve thru February 2022.
Partial Term Appointments
In addition to the above, the following members have been named to fill vacancies on the Board:
• Anne Gill, Tempe (AZ) Chamber;
• Jake Mangas, Redding (CA) Chamber;
• Sherry Menor-McNamara, Chamber of Commerce Hawaii (HI);
• Mary Beth Sewald, Las Vegas Metro (NV) Chamber.
The election of officers and directors will take place on Thursday morning, February 7, 2019 during the Association’s annual conference.
Anyone with questions about the nominating or election process is asked to contact W.A.C.E. President Dave Kilby at (916) 930-1202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.